- Advocate for the interests and welfare of all retired faculty and professional staff/administrators.
- Promote means for interaction among retired faculty and professional staff/administrators through diverse cultural, intellectual and social programming.
- Maintain strategic and continual contact between retired faculty and professional staff/administrators and the University. Specifically, offer knowledge and experience on an as-needed basis.
- Maintain liaison with University administration and governance through Faculty Council as well as with entities with which we share common interests, such as the Friday Center and the Institute for the Arts and Humanities.
- Identify, monitor and carefully address issues or initiatives that could potentially affect the welfare of faculty, students and staff, or the quality and standards of the University, as well as assist in the advancement of matters of mutual interest.