Friday Center Fall 2017 Daytime Enrichment Courses
is in the air with crisp autumn breezes, changing leaves, and opportunities to refresh your learning at the Friday Center! Discover a new interest or re-engage in an old one, deepen your appreciation of the arts, discuss compelling subjects with peers and scholars, gain new skills and try new things! Whatever your motivation, our enrichment programs are sure to stimulate your mind and reawaken your curiosity. Invest in yourself at the Friday Center – It is never too late to learn!
UNC Retired Faculty Association Member Discount: All classes are $5 each.
All classes meet on Thursdays in the fall at various times. See each course for details.
- Sept. 28, Oct. 12 & 26, Nov. 9: Book Club Series: How Does It Feel to Be a Problem? Being Young and Arab in America
- Oct. 5: The European Union at a Crossroad
- Oct. 5 & 12, Nov. 9: Connection and Transformation: A Life-Coaching Journey
- Oct. 5 & 12, Nov. 9 & 16: GramPower 101
If you are a Grandfather or Grandmother of a special needs child, you might want to sign up for this fall’s enrichment course “GramPower 101”. Last spring’s course was a great success, drawing grandparents from around the Triangle region. This course is offered by Dr. Don Stedman, former Dean of Education at Carolina and Pediatric Psychologist specializing in children with disabilities. Don is also former President of the UNC RFA.
This fall, there will be four two-hour sessions held from 10am-noon on Thursdays, Oct 5 and 12 and November 9 and 16 at the Friday Center.
All grandparents of special needs children are welcome. Sign up early on the Friday Center Enrichment Courses website.
- Oct. 12: Introduction to Zentangle
- Oct. 12: African Art Appreciation
- Oct. 12: Living Spiritually In Our Quantum World
- Oct. 26: Move It or Lose It – How to Stay Physically Active throughout Your Lifespan
- Nov. 9: Music and the Civil Rights Movement: An Aural History Tour
- Nov. 9: Phillis Wheatley, George Moses Horton, and Three Presidents
- Nov. 9 & 16: Write Your Life
- Nov. 16: Buffalo Bill’s Wild West: How Mass Entertainment Came to Shape Our
- Perceptions of History
- Nov. 16: Welcome to Entrepreneurship
- Nov. 16: Laughter Yoga
- Dec. 5: Movies in the Morning Holiday Edition: Christmas in Connecticut